11 Campuses Capturing Kids’ Hearts National Showcase Schools
1 year ago
Since 1990, campuses nationwide have experienced remarkable outcomes with Capturing Kids’ Hearts® tools and processes by creating the socio-emotional safety conducive to learning. Now, through the Showcase Schools awards, Flippen Group is recognizing and celebrating schools that go the extra mile each day, building an environment where students are relationally connected and eager to learn.
Flippen Group has named the following campuses Capturing Kids’ Hearts National Showcase Schools for the 2015-2016 school year:
- Ash Fork Schools, Ash Fork, Arizona ● Superintendent Seth Staples
- Camp Verde Middle School, Camp Verde, Arizona ● Principal Danny Howe
- Conner Creek Academy East, Roseville, Michigan ● Principal/Assistant Superintendent Karen Smith
- Country Meadows Elementary, Peoria, Arizona ● Principal Val Barrett
- Gower West Elementary, Willowbrook, Illinois ● Principal Gina Rodewald
- Johnson Elementary, Bryan, Texas ● Principal Amy Newbold
- R B Stall High School, North Charleston, South Carolina ● Principal Kim Wilson
- Sherrod Elementary, Palmer, Alaska ● Principal Dan Michael
- Taft High School, Taft, Texas ● Principal Angel Lopez
- Thunderbolt Middle School, Lake Havasu, Arizona ● Principal Mari Jo Mulligan
- Wasilla High School, Wasilla, Alaska ● Principal Amy Spargo
Click HERE to learn more about how to become a Capturing Kids’ Hearts National Showcase School.
Creating high-performing, self-managing classrooms is no easy task.
The typical classroom comprises twenty or more students with diverse family backgrounds and expectations for behavior, randomly assembled into a cohort and required to learn together. Too often, the impact of peer pressure and outside influences creates a classroom culture that passively or even actively resists learning.
Teachers are tasked with raising the bar on student performance while competing against social, environmental, and outside pressures as never before. While researchers and officials work to determine the most effective curricula, teachers struggle to manage their classrooms and meet both parents’ and administrators’ expectations.
How can today’s teacher transform a classroom from a disruptive, reactive environment into a place where put-downs and criticism dissipate, and students’ minds become actively engaged in learning?
Flippen Group, a national professional development provider founded by Flip Flippen in 1990, believes what the research demonstrates – that students are most likely to succeed when they are emotionally safe and able to reconnect with their natural curiosity. Flippen processes provide educators the skills they need to change the trajectory of students’ lives. Openness replaces defensiveness. Judging and feelings of being judged are replaced with acceptance and real connectedness to school. “Discipline problems nearly non-existent,” and “Academic achievement constantly improving,” are common feedback following implementation of the highly acclaimed Capturing Kids’ Hearts processes.
Flippen Group believes these unsung education heroes, producing exemplary outcomes in schools and paving the way for other schools to follow, need and deserve recognition for a job well done. Please join us in congratulating and honoring these schools and their leaders for their dedication and commitment!